Advice and representation
We work with a broad range of employers, including large public sector organisations, publicly-listed companies, independent schools and privately-owned businesses of all sizes in numerous business sectors.
CLM is one of 42 law firms appointed to the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) Wider Public Sector Legal Services Panel (contract RM3788). We are one of the preferred suppliers for employment law to the government, covering England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
We endeavour to be an effective, commercial, trusted, critical friend to our clients. We are first class lawyers offering solutions, not problems.
Our advisory services
Representation at Employment Tribunals
We assist clients with defending Employment Tribunal claims from the complex (involving multiple witnesses and hearings lasting several weeks), to the more straightforward, one or two day hearing cases. Where cases are appealed, we also represent clients in the Employment Appeal Tribunal, the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
We advise on a complete range of employment law issues including:
- Unfair dismissal and termination of employment
- Board and executive level appointments and terminations
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Restrictive covenants
- Injunctions and interim relief
- Drafting employment contracts and policy documents
- Discrimination and equal pay
- Managing sickness and disability
- Data protection issues relating to employment
- Handling grievances, disciplinaries and performance management processes
- Trade unions, European Works Councils, UK Works Councils and other employee forums
- Commercial agents
If you would like to find out more about how we can help, please call us on 01235 821115.