Who we are
Cater Leydon Millard is a specialist employment law firm, established in 2004 to provide a first class service for employers. We are based in Oxfordshire but work nationally, throughout the UK.
The founders were partners and/or heads of department in large, regional firms who wanted to provide a boutique, 'partner-led' service focusing on employment law issues in a few key sectors, principally, the NHS, education, technology and manufacturing.
Our lawyers are active members of the Law Society, Industrial Law Society and the Employment Lawyers Association.
We deliberately do not try to be all things to all people. Our talented and highly experienced lawyers deal only with employment law, an area which is complex and constantly evolving. They are true specialists, combining an enthusiastic approach with strong commercial advice and a commitment to quality.
- practical advice
- commercial recommendations, with no 'fence sitting'
- pre-emptive not reactive advice
- concise recommendations, rather than legal 'essays'
- meticulous preparation
- integrity in our advice
- close team working, both with you and among ourselves.
As a boutique law firm we may not be the highest profile or the best known, but we are known for 'punching above our weight'. We have a 90% plus win rate in employer Tribunal, County and High Court litigation, which is rare among our competitors and are ranked in the legal directories for employment law, alongside larger firms.
Whilst we may not be a household name, our client roster speaks for us, including:
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Headlam Group Plc
- NHS North of England Commercial Procurement Collaborative Legal Framework
- National Physical Laboratory
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
- Serco Group Plc
- Smeg UK Ltd
Our values are as follows:
- Excellence: our skills and knowledge as a team are exceptional
- Integrity: we act as a critical friend to our clients
- Approachable: easy to deal with, responsive and down-to-earth
At Cater Leydon Millard we know that it is the quality of our relationships with each of our clients that makes the management of employment law issues easier and we are proud of our reputation for providing strong, high quality commercial advice.
We aim to build strong and lasting relationships by working to understand your needs and by delivering a high quality service. This level of service extends to our experienced support staff, who work hard to get to know all our clients, understand their businesses and provide a service that meets individual requirements.
We offer competitive rates for different types of work including fixed fees.